Accessing the Benefits of 4K/UHD in Railway Inspection
Key Application Requirements
- Retain image accuracy at speed: reliably encode 4K 10bit at a solid 60fps
- Good Compression: eliminate picture encoding artefacts and noise on every frame
- Multiple channels: Support many cameras simultaneously
- Limited space: allows this to be installed on normal rolling stock
- Harsh environment: has to tolerate elevated shock & vibration
How Advantech Can Help
Real Life Use Case
- Robust acquisition support: raw video from 4K cameras can be reliably acquired by the VEGA-3311 via a built-in 12G-SDI input and be encoded directly. The locking BNC form of SDI connector is valuable in a high-vibration environment.
- High quality video encoding: the VEGA-3311 supports professional grade 4Kp60 10-bit 4:2:2 HEVC encoding. The hardware-based solution is ideal for compression with guaranteed live performance at high bit rates enabling high quality results without frame drop.
- Integrated Video Solution Provider: Advantech offers a one-stop shop video solution including the power-efficient video server and high performance 4K encoding accelerator cards, plus with our dedicated R&D support and global experience, we deliver states-of-the-art products and real-time service.
Hotline Europe: 00-800-248-080 | Hotline USA: 1-800-866-6008
Regional phone numbers can be found on our website at